segmentation, target markets, competition positioning, differentiation, videos
This is NOT a teaching activity. Instead, it is a series of 14 in-depth (5-10 mins) videos on market segmentation and targeting that you can choose from to give students a deeper understanding of these topics.
Videos to Choose From…
Main Benefits of Market Segmentation
What Tools Do We Use to Segment a Market?
What is the Criteria for Effective Segmentation?
Psychographic Segmentation Bases
Behavioral Segmentation Bases
Benefits Sought Segmentation Bases
Hybrid Segmentation Bases
Geographic Segmentation Bases
Demographic Segmentation Bases
Why is Social Class a Psychographic Segmentation Base?
Are Age Segments Good to Use?
For and Against of the Main Segmentation Bases
How to Choose a Target Market
Difference Between a Primary and Secondary Target Market
Related Videos and Activities
- Using Different Bases for Market Segmentation
- Which Segmentation Base Should We Use?
- Which Segmentation Base is the Most Helpful?
- Video Series on Positioning and Perceptual Maps
- Counter Segmentation
- Bud Light and Psychographic Segmentation
- Difference Between Target Markets and Target Audiences
- Setting Marketing Targets
- Target Market Assessment