marketing terms, definitions, revision, team-based activity
Review the activity below or download the PDF student worksheet
- Student Worksheet: Marketing Terms Crossword
- Instructor Solutions (Members Only): Marketing Terms Crossword = Solutions
Student Discussion Activity
The following crossword covers an array of marketing terms and definitions. It is a fun and handy way to reinforce marketing terminology with your students.
Ideal as a team-based activity, and is more suitable for end of year/term revision (not really as an introductory exercise).
Teaching Tip: There are 40 questions in the crossword, so please allow sufficient time for your students to complete – and you might need to give some clues along the way.
- The process of dividing a market into related groups of consumers.
- A qualitative form of market research known as a ______ group.
- In marketing research surveys, we _____ respondents questions.
- Instead of using high-low pricing, some retailers choose to implement an ________ low pricing strategy.
- Most corporate websites are made up of posts and ________.
- The firm’s top-level game plan.
- The type of demand that changes significantly when prices are changed.
- Between introduction and maturity on the product life cycle.
- Maslow’s model shows needs in this structure.
- In logistics, we seek to manage the supply ______.
- The type of marketing where the firm deals with customers by phone.
- Part of the purchase decision process. Can be high or low.
- Which one is NOT part of the BCG matrix: dogs, goat, cows.
- Usually considered the centerpiece of the marketing mix elements.
- Firms put data into a marketing information ________.
- The marketing mix element where the firm places a value on their product.
- The type of business demand that is based upon the demand for their own products.
- The initial sales step before the adoption phase for new-to-the-world products.
- In terms of consumption, customers can be a light or a heavy ______.
- A market structure made up of a few large dominant firms.
- A promotion tactic where the firm gives away free _______.
- A segmentation approach based upon location.
- Introducing a marketing mix change as an experiment, known as ______ marketing.
- Initial stage of the new product process: _____ generation.
- A key role of marketing is to meet these for consumers.
- Another word for a leaflet or handout for a target consumer.
- A favorable (or not) view, opinion, assessment of a brand held by a consumer.
- PLC stands for the product life ______.
- The market segment that the firm chooses to focus their marketing activities on.
- Part of our place mix, we use one (or more) to reach the market via intermediaries.
- The final phase of the PLC.
- A consumer who buys from us is known as this.
- The most common form of paid promotion.
- The term for the overall process of managing (transporting and storing) our supplies and products.
- Highest sales phase of the PLC.
- Many new products should be _______. Past tense of clue 23 above.
- An exclusive right granted for a new invention (often government approved), so that competitors cannot copy the design.
- Common initials for clue 4 above.
- The adopters that follow the innovators, in the diffusion curve.
- A large event, like a trade show, where business products are promoted (use short four letter term).