This activity is based on a local regional bank that was become a little old-fashioned and behind the times. Their plan is to adopt a more modern image, whilst maintaining their strengths of being local and caring about their customers.
One of the first initiatives that they are undertaking is the development and launch of a new credit card (which, surprisingly, they have not offered before). Your task is to determine which is the best promotional/campaign theme from the list of alternatives provided by your advertising agency.
Possible Creative Message Themes (Slogans)
- Putting all your finances together – why bank anywhere else?
- The LOCAL credit card
- Sorry we’re a bit late – but great products take time
- Yet another reason to stay local
- Finally, a friendly credit card
- A credit card from the bank you can trust
- Be the first to have the NEW credit card from your local bank
- The card you’ve been waiting for
- Great value, great staff, and now a great credit card
- Work your way through each possible creative message themes; how would you rate each one on the following scale (best, good, poor)?
- Can you think of any other suitable campaign themes?
- Does it appear that the bank is targeting existing or new customers? Why would this be the case?
- What other changes might they need to put in place, in order to successfully help reposition their organization?