Listed below is a draft questionnaire for a telephone survey that AT&T plans to conduct. Your role is this exercise is to pilot (test) the questionnaire with some of your fellow students and try to identify any questionnaire problems and then suggest ways to improve it. (Note: This is a particularly poor questionnaire so expect to find quite a few problems).
Thank you for participating in this market research for AT&T
- Which is the first phone company that you can think of?
- List all the other phone companies that you know about?
- Do you use your phone often?
- Do you think that mobile phone costs are too expensive?
- Why do you think that AT&T is the best mobile phone company?
- Do you recall seeing any ads for AT&T in January?
- What was ‘unusual’ about those particular ads?
- What is your favorite AT&T product?
- What were your expectations of AT&T before you started dealing with them?
- On a scale of one to seven, how satisfied are you with:
- Our tremendous value for money
- Our very efficient fast service
- What concerns do you have with the above questionnaire?
- What suggestions do you have in order to improve the questionnaire?
- How valuable would the research results be if this questionnaire was used in the research?
- How important is piloting (testing) a questionnaire before use?