logos, branding, communication
Review the activity below or download the PDF student worksheet
Student Worksheet: The Role of Logos
Student Discussion Activity
In this activity, you will consider the role of a logo in the firm’s overall brand – what role does it play, how important is it?
Below are some well-known logos to review. Please review these logos and address the questions at the end.
Student Discussion Questions
- Which logos can you recognize?
- Why do you think that these logos were designed this way? That is, what are they trying to communicate?
- Are logos just used for quick recognition – or do they try to “tell a story” about the brand?
- Which logos, do you think, are the better ones? Why?
- How often (if at all) should successful brands change/fine-tune their logo design?
- In addition to a brand’s logo – what are some other brand elements (colors, shapes, slogans, sounds) that are also important to use?
- Do you think that every brand needs a logo? Or are logos more important in certain industries only?