This activity provides a hypothetical channel selection decision for the Pizza Galore chain. Assuming that Pizza Galore wanted to introduce a mini breakfast pizza (say with bacon and eggs), then which would be the best way for them to distribute it? Why would this be the best option?
- Offer as a ‘take away’ option in all their stores (which would require their stores opening 4-5 hours earlier than normal)
- Offer as a ‘take away’ option in their key/busy stores (that is, those located in shopping centers and on main roads)
- Offer as a home delivery option only (which would still require their stores to open 4-5 hours earlier than normal)
- Distribute via gas/fuel stations (that is, set up a small pizza section in larger petrol stations)
- Distribute via convenience stores
- Distribute via coffee shops (exclusively offer to selective coffee shops)
- Set a range of special vending machines to be located around the city and at key train/bus stations
- Set up a range of special kiosks (small booths) in key city and transport locations
- Are there any other channel alternatives that you can think of that may be suitable?
- Which retail channel/s would you select for the best way to distribute the new breakfast pizza products? Why?
- Do you think that there is a viable target market for this product?